Friday, January 9, 2009

While I'm Waiting

I had a different song set to post as part of today's Then Sings My Soul, but God was really working on my heart and I felt I had to share this song instead.

I've been so encouraged by each of the emails, comments and PRAYERS you all have left. They have helped keep me in the right place, which is closer and closer to my loving Father. I have been praying that I would feel His peace. I'm craving it.

Tonight in the middle of family movie night, I started to have noticable pain in my abdomen and I got so distracted and worried about what it may mean. To be completely transparent, I think my desire for this baby (that in my worry I was working so hard not to get attached to) was stopping me from resting in that peace that I desire so much.

I realized what I had to do. I had to hand over my desires, and even my plans for this tiny baby's life, to the God who created us. Just as I have with each of my other kids. Only then will I be able to rest in His perfect peace.

This last summer when we lost our baby, I was able to bring glory to God through my response afterward. But this time I have the opportunity to bring Him glory in the midst of it. It's a challenge, for sure, but I can only pray that God enables me to accomplish it.

A friend recently shared part of a quote by Elisabeth Elliot, ""Waiting requires patience - a willingness calmly to accept what we have or have not...." And I've been thinking about that. Am I willing to accept whatever God has for me and for this baby? And can I do it calmly, without being rendered useless by all the worry?

I heard this song, While I'm Waiting, on Debra's playlist, and I cannot stop listening to it. What a message it sent straight to my heart. This is what I want my life to be during this time - an offering of praise to the living God.



I'm waiting
I'm waiting on You, Lord
And I am hopeful
I'm waiting on You, Lord
Though it is painful
But patiently, I will wait

I will move ahead, bold and confident
Taking every step in obedience

While I'm waiting
I will serve You
While I'm waiting
I will worship
While I'm waiting
I will not faint
I'll be running the race
Even while I wait

I'm waiting
I'm waiting on You, Lord
And I am peaceful
I'm waiting on You, Lord
Though it's not easy
But faithfully, I will wait
Yes, I will wait

I will serve You while I'm waiting
I will worship while I'm waiting
I will serve You while I'm waiting
I will worship while I'm waiting
I will serve you while I'm waiting
I will worship while I'm waiting on You, Lord



For more songs that inspire, visit Amy.

17 comments:

Amy Wyatt said...

Wow! what a powerful song. i had never heard this one, but I love it. Waiting is so hard for me. I need to remember to keep doing all these things while I am waiting on God to put me right where HE has planned. Beautiful choice! I pray you will have peace also while you are waiting.

Anonymous said...

I echo Amy's comments. Great song.

You and your family will be in our prayers.

Deborah said...

I'm so glad that I put this song up so that you could find it. It was used in the movie Fireproof. I had the CD and was waiting for it to appear on playlist and just yesterday a friend told me it was. I went right then to add to my playlist and it wasn't too long afterwards that you stopped by my blog. Isn't it amazing how God uses a simple bit of information passed on with no thought at all to minister to those in ways that we have no idea about.

My prayers are with you during this time of waiting.

Amanda Hoyt said...

That is a beautiful song! I am praying hard for you, Rebecca, that you will have peace, mercy, hope, restfulness and joy while you wait.
Hugs and prayers,
Amanda

Mocha with Linda said...

Beautiful song with an incredible message. Waiting is so hard but something we must learn to do.

My Hope And Joy said...

What a heart you have. I can see God smiling on you as you wait and looking at your heart of praise to Him with pride. This post blessed me and I'm sure blesses God, too. Love you.

My Hope And Joy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

Praying that everything is ok with your baby. Praying you can rest in Him as you wait on the LORD!

I love this song and brings me to tears - especially as we waited for each of our children to come home.

Blessings today!
Jill

Darlene said...

Love this song! I am also waiting...for God to answer a prayer concerning our daugher who is 19 and not making Godly choices for her life.

Praying for you...

Have a fabulous weekend!!
Darlene

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh, I'm speachhelss! I came over here to thankyou for stopping by my blog, and this song is EXACTLY what God brought me over here for. Wow, I am sooooo blown away right now. I will be posting this over on my blog (very unexpectantly) and share why this is soooooo big to me. I will be putting you on my blog roll and I hope to get to know you better as well.

Unknown said...

Hi, I am crying tears of pain and praising and thanking God for finding your website today. I am so glad you stopped by my blog and left a comment. I have been waiting for a baby for so long, and so many times God feels so far away in the situation...even though he has a beautiful plan and is right there waiting. I praise God for your miracle and will keep you in my prayers. THanks for posting this song. I have never heard it before, but I think it will become my prayer for awhile.

Anonymous said...

P.S. I wanted to add that I have an Olivia too! Mine is 3, born Sept 10th , 2005. And I love Oceans from the rain, by Seventh Day Slumber! I have it on my playlist :) Blessings to you

Shirley said...

I'm new to TSMSS - this is a powerful song! Thanks so much for sharing. I said a prayer for you and your little one.

Cristine said...

Hi Rebecca... beautiful song choice. Given your circumstances, it was most fitting. Keep on keepin' on trusting in the LORD and His will.

You visited my blog months ago, after I had lost my granddaughter Alexis Paige at 5 months pregnant. I was touched by your comment... not sure if I ever found my way over here to tell you that.

In any event, I have prayed for you and your little one. God Bless you as you wait on the LORD.

Cristine

Cathy said...

Sounds like a great song for you, dear. Praying God will give you His perfect peace ~

Jenileigh said...

The words to that song are beautiful.

(((HUGS)))

Praying you have peace.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.